Valued Member
leogirl88

Closed Account- Carecredit

How long does the closed credit card show on your report. ALso about how long does it actually affect your score?

Thanks

Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: Closed Account- Carecredit

It will affect your score as long as it reports. It might report another 10 years, but may be deleted at any time (if it is positive). Negative accounts won't vanish early.
Valued Member
leogirl88

I think it was closed due to being inactive. I had originally got the card to pay for my braces but was only approved for a 1500 limit. Which didnt cover them.  The balance is 0. So I went with chase health care advance which covered up to 8,500. Do you think its best to leave it closed or should I try to reopen it?
Established Contributor
Ulan

Do you need the account? I don't think it would be reopened without a new hard pull. If you don't need it, just leave it be. A closed account in good standing usually doesn't hurt. It will just get older and contribute to your average age, even when closed. All damage you might have done with this account (usually not much or nothing at all) is already done.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}