Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Amazon.com Account

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Closed Amazon.com Account

I closed my Amazon.com account today, not the Visa account. Will that cause my Chase Visa to be closed out, by Amazon.com sending a feed to Chase saying that my account is closed. One rep with Chase said yes it will cause the account to close and other said no it will not. Amazon.com CSR said they will send a feed to Chase to tell them to close the account, I don't want my Chase card to get closed.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed Amazon.com Account

No, closing the amazon account will absolutely not cause the Chase Amazon to be closed...
Message 2 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I closed my Amazon.com account today, not the Visa account. Will that cause my Chase Visa to be closed out, by Amazon.com sending a feed to Chase saying that my account is closed. One rep with Chase said yes it will cause the account to close and other said no it will not. Amazon.com CSR said they will send a feed to Chase to tell them to close the account, I don't want my Chase card to get closed.

I would be very surprised if it closed.  I don't remember anything about it being a condition, although I got the card 11 years ago, so fogettting or change is quite possible.

But Amazon isn't the only place the card can be used (of course) so closing it because you closed Amazon.com wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

But, out of interest, why close amazon.com?   It doesn't send anything to me or anything bothersome, just there if I login.

Message 3 of 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I would be very surprised if it closed.  I don't remember anything about it being a condition, although I got the card 11 years ago, so fogettting or change is quite possible.

But Amazon isn't the only place the card can be used (of course) so closing it because you closed Amazon.com wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

But, out of interest, why close amazon.com?   It doesn't send anything to me or anything bothersome, just there if I login.

The main reason to get rid of Amazon.com is I'm done with them. I bought a phone case it was sold and forfeited by Amazon, I ordered Black and I got Pink called to have them exchange it out and they told me their was going to be fee to have it exchanged for the return shipping I said it is not my fault I got the wrong one they said I could not do anything I had to pay if I wanted to do the exchange.

Message 4 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

The main reason to get rid of Amazon.com is I'm done with them. I bought a phone case it was sold and forfeited by Amazon, I ordered Black and I got Pink called to have them exchange it out and they told me their was going to be fee to have it exchanged for the return shipping I said it is not my fault I got the wrong one they said I could not do anything I had to pay if I wanted to do the exchange.

That's not typical of Amazon customer service. Usually, you're able to print out a prepaid return label and get a refund for it. Easy peasy. I'm surprised the rep didn't just refund the amount of the order as sometimes they do that for me. You just have to tell them how to fix it for you. (Be persistent.)

Hate to hear you had a bad experience with them.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought a credit card case on Amazon this week and it wasn't right and I returned it today free shipping. Got the refund today and it was shipped today. All it took was a notification to Amazon from UPS to get the refund. I got a different case a few days ago that was posted on these forums that I like. But Amazon is great.

Message 6 of 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

It was the second time this happened and I had to speak to a leader to get a refund with out the fee and say it is not my fault what that happened they said not even a sorry. When I closed my account did not even said I'm sorry for closing my account he asked me I told him why and said the return fee is the company policy to charge a fee for all returns and exchanges.

Message 7 of 18
core
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Even _if_ you had been at fault and ordered the pink one, Amazon would have taken it back free of charge (including free return shipping) if you had used the web site. No questions asked. I don't know why you even picked up the phone. It sounds like you got a bad rep which doesn't happen with Amazon hardly ever.

I don't see the point of closing the account.  If you don't want to do business with them, then don't order anything else?  Seems pretty simple.   Closing the account isn't going to "teach them a lesson" or accomplish anything at all.  The fact that you subsequently came here worried about your Chase account makes it even more of a head scratcher.

And Amazon does not charge a fee for "all returns and exchanges".  Are you sure you weren't dealing with a Marketplace seller?  I think returns are still free there as well.  I am not understanding what happened here. 

Message 8 of 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Even _if_ you had been at fault and ordered the pink one, Amazon would have taken it back free of charge (including free return shipping) if you had used the web site. No questions asked. I don't know why you even picked up the phone. It sounds like you got a bad rep which doesn't happen with Amazon hardly ever.

I don't see the point of closing the account.  If you don't want to do business with them, then don't order anything else?  Seems pretty simple.   Closing the account isn't going to "teach them a lesson" or accomplish anything at all.  The fact that you subsequently came here worried about your Chase account makes it even more of a head scratcher.

And Amazon does not charge a fee for "all returns and exchanges".  Are you sure you weren't dealing with a Marketplace seller?  I think returns are still free there as well.  I am not understanding what happened here. 

Yes, Marketplace fulfilled by Amazon. Even if you go online to do a return you will still pay a fee for a return.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never paid a fee for returning anything. Never.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.