Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Amex ED and SPG

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Closed Amex ED and SPG

Now Barclays is in my crosshairs and Paypal MC. Not sure if I should hold on to the Paypal MC or not? The limit is $2K on this card. It would be nice to have at least one high CL Mastercard. 

After acquiring Blispay a few days ago, which I have plans for. I feel the need to lighten the load on less useful cards. I'm keeping my Amex BCP..this card get's used often.

All cards under the $3000 limit have to go. I'll keep my oldest low limit CC account only because it is the oldest.

Let the culling the herd begin!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Closed Amex ED and SPG

Any more MR cards?  If not, hope you redeemed (or had already redeemed) your remaining points before closing

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Now Barclays is in my crosshairs and Paypal MC. Not sure if I should hold on to the Paypal MC or not? The limit is $2K on this card. It would be nice to have at least one high CL Mastercard. 

After acquiring Blispay a few days ago, which I have plans for. I feel the need to lighten the load on less useful cards. I'm keeping my Amex BCP..this card get's used often.

All cards under the $3000 limit have to go. I'll keep my oldest low limit CC account only because it is the oldest.

Your PayPal MC should grow.  With your current TU score, I'm surprised that you limit isn't higher.  Give Credit Solutions a call.  I can relate to getting rid of the low limit cards, they are a waste of time and my attention, lol!

Message 3 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Any more MR cards?  If not, hope you redeemed (or had already redeemed) your remaining points before closing

I believe this was my only MR card LTL. Nothing on it to redeem when I closed it this morning.

I'm not as savvy with the points cards as some of you professionals. Lol

Message 4 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Your PayPal MC should grow.  With your current TU score, I'm surprised that you limit isn't higher.  Give Credit Solutions a call.  I can relate to getting rid of the low limit cards, they are a waste of time and my attention, lol!

Thanks for the reply. How often can you ask for an CLI request from them? This is my only credit solutions card.

It would be nice to have a 10k or above limit on it.

Message 5 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. How often can you ask for an CLI request from them? This is my only credit solutions card.

It would be nice to have a 10k or above limit on it.

Can ask daily if you really wanted to, but you wouldn't need to.  With your scores you should be able to get a 20-25k CL with your paypal MC by calling credit solutions.. Call and ask for 25k and they might just suprised you..  Say it is an unuseable limit or whatever you choose and I would be shocked if you dont at least get to 12k-15k if not the full amount you asked.

877-379-8173  credit solutions

Be a SP against TU

Message 6 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thx for your help CC, I'll give them a call! 

Update: they increased the limit from 2k to 10k. :-)

Guess I'll be holding on to this card. 

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

Thx for your help CC, I'll give them a call! 

Update: they increased the limit from 2k to 10k. :-)

Guess I'll be holding on to this card. 

Glad to hear.. Useable limiit nowSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks my friend! How long do you wait in-between request?
I'll hit them again for $25,000 the next time. They countered this go around with 10k.
Message 9 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

Which other cards do you have? Some others may also be able to grow nicely.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.