Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Cap One Card BUT

tag
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Closed Cap One Card BUT

I closed my cap one cards but I can still access the online account...  I figured they'd deny access by now.  Anyone have experience with this?  What happened to you?

cc's copy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed Cap One Card BUT

@babymixer wrote:

I closed my cap one cards but I can still access the online account...  I figured they'd deny access by now.  Anyone have experience with this?  What happened to you?

it's like a toe going over the line a little bit to me if it's still the same but I had a friend that closed his account a few years back but Capital One says I think 60-90 days or something if any charges that you had previously set up try to come through they will approve them and open the account again.  and kind of before Capital One got really stupid with no CLI and such he closed it once and they sent him a letter saying we are increasing your CL and a new card, think at the time it was about $3k CLI.

Like I said, not sure they could do this anymore but just watch out on your account just in case.

Message 2 of 5
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Closed my card last May, can still access today.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 3 of 5
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

I closed my card and was immediately locked out of account online.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 4 of 5
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I've always had access to my account online after I closed it last year. It just listed the account as closed in red letters.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.