Regular Contributor
babymixer

Closed Cap One Card BUT

I closed my cap one cards but I can still access the online account...  I figured they'd deny access by now.  Anyone have experience with this?  What happened to you?

cc's copy
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Closed Cap One Card BUT

babymixer wrote:

I closed my cap one cards but I can still access the online account...  I figured they'd deny access by now.  Anyone have experience with this?  What happened to you?

it's like a toe going over the line a little bit to me if it's still the same but I had a friend that closed his account a few years back but Capital One says I think 60-90 days or something if any charges that you had previously set up try to come through they will approve them and open the account again.  and kind of before Capital One got really stupid with no CLI and such he closed it once and they sent him a letter saying we are increasing your CL and a new card, think at the time it was about $3k CLI.

Like I said, not sure they could do this anymore but just watch out on your account just in case.

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 695 NASA(09-24-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
ceemee2203

Closed my card last May, can still access today.

Current Cards: AMEX Green, AMEX BCE ($15.2k), AMEX SPG ($6k), Arrival ($7.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k)

4/14 - 762 Fico (Barclaycard)
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank

I closed my card and was immediately locked out of account online.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

I've always had access to my account online after I closed it last year. It just listed the account as closed in red letters.
Photobucket

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+