cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Cap1 Secured Card - How Long For New Account?

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Closed Cap1 Secured Card - How Long For New Account?

So I know that you can only have two of the lower tiered Capital One cards, so I closed my Platinum Secured card today. They are issuing me a $1800 refund for the secured portion I had. In the past, if I applied for a QS1, it came back saying I had too many accounts with Capital One. Does anyone know how long it takes for the account I closed today to actually close enough to allow me to apply for another QS1... my hope is to PC it to Venture over time.

Thanks!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Cap1 Secured Card - How Long For New Account?

Typically u can do it the next day after account closure 

Message 2 of 4
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

I started my QS1 with $300 and got it to $7500 in 1 1/2 years and PC'd to a World Mastercard. At the time I did that they offered me either World Master Card in QuickSilver or Venture variety...so my goal is to get approved for another QS1 and PC it 6 months down the road. I hope that strategy works, because I would like to earn both travel and cash on two different cards over time.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would see if they have any Venture pre-approvals for you. The sign-up bonus on that card is really good, there's no bonus on the QS1. Cap1's definition of excellent isn't the same as other lenders. All of your steady, on-time payments make you considered excellent to them.

I wouldn't bother with another rebuilder, I'd go for their prime cards.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.