Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Capital One!!!

tag
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Closed Capital One!!!

Sooo I finally kicked capital one to the curb... Limit is 500 and never an Increase Although credit is better.. I originally got my cap one card back in sept 2007 and called today, no increase per automated system so I just decided that's it.. They didn't try to keep me so Oh well.. Zero balance currently I'm hoping to ax hooters too because I'm tired of the 72.00 annual fee and high interest rate although my limit is 2900!! I have to get a card with at least a 4000 limit and I'm good for a super long time. Ok I'm done with my rant Smiley Happy
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Closed Capital One!!!

When members are giving a card the boot, are they just speaking with level-1 CSRs or supervisors?  Are the backdoor or escalation numbers used?  Just wondering because most say the ccc didn't even try to keep them.  If it's level-1 CSR, they don't really care and may be reading scripted procedures to close accounts.

Just wondering who was contacted when kickin' em to the curb?

Message 2 of 5
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I called the number on the back of my card and was xfrd to another dept.. Boom is was done!! I signed into the site and account was closed ASAP..
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

That was a very smart decision. The cap1 bussiness plan is Few customer with low limit a high annual fee. That kind of customer always are using their card, sending money to them two or three times every month because they need available credit to use the card. If you have a better card or average fico score, you don't need a Cap1 card.

Message 4 of 5
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

oh ok.  The only reason I was asking is because members have been doing product changes with Capital One the last few days.  I don't think level-CSRs are trained to handle these and I don't know which dept you were xferred to, but was just curious about it.  That's all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.