Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed CareCredit!

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed CareCredit!

You will get the best scores from individiual accounts that you let stay open for a minimum of 2 yrs. Opening and then closing cards in a short period of time is a negative from an underwriters point of view you may do more damage to yourself than you think. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

I'm actually quite happy you have chosen to ditch the AU's. Get one more card (secured) in your name and your golden. If you do end up keeping an AU, make sure its one that's seldom used. Give it 6-8mos and you'll be able to pull an app spree and get the deposit back!

There's a credit union or bank that actually provides a secured without a credit pull. Not sure of the name, maybe someone will chime in. 

Message 12 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Ok as seen on other post I have been approved for 2 more CCs under my name so I will now close Living spaces and remove myself from AU accts starting fresh on 04-01-14

My siggy is now complete!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 15
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

If you haven't opened any new accounts since those 2 new ones, your Garden date should be 03/xx/14.. why wait until 04/01/14?

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 14 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah your right I was thinking about that Ill change it right now.....DONE 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.