Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Chase card

tag
ParadoxD
Valued Member

Re: Closed Chase card

Hah, I was wondering the same thing regarding a recently closed Chase auto loan. Good info FinStar, thanks.
Message 11 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I closed a Chase card over 2 months ago, yet it still appears in my online Chase account.

How long do closed Chase cards stick around like that? I'm considering applying for another Chase card, but their pre-occupation with the recently closed card is a bit concerning. I would rather not rock the boat too much, too soon.

Chase removed my closed Slate card at the end of the year. I had closed it around September / October '14. 

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Chase will eventually remove the account from your online profile, so it does happen (can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months, but sometimes a bit longer IME).  In the meantime, most folks just hide them from view as suggested.

As far as Barclays, no option to hide.  Just wait until the next couple months and it will eventually disappear from your main dashboard.

I have a card that I closed in 2011 that is still available fo be viewed (I have it hidden)

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Chase will eventually remove the account from your online profile, so it does happen (can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months, but sometimes a bit longer IME).  In the meantime, most folks just hide them from view as suggested.

As far as Barclays, no option to hide.  Just wait until the next couple months and it will eventually disappear from your main dashboard.

I have a card that I closed in 2011 that is still available fo be viewed (I have it hidden)

How interesting!  Mine have all dropped off from the main dashboard within just a few months.  I suppose, in the event it bugs people (or those with OCD), just contact their online support number to see if they can remove the account from the online portal.  I've had accounts that dated back to mid-90s (BankOne) which I consolidated/closed a couple years back, and those were gone within 3-4 months.

Message 14 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
For closed Capital One accounts, it's gonna stay as long as it's linked to your user name. You have to call them, have them disable the username altogether, then re-enroll in online banking with the cards you do have 

Haha, I seriously burst out laughing when I read this.  Are you SERIOUS?  Ok, so Cap1's classic answer for anything has always been "close the card and apply for another, sir", but now you're telling me that's they're answer for account management too?  WOW.  This is just too funny.  Oh my goodness gracious.

Message 15 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It will appear forever unless you hide it in the settings. Top right should have a *customize accounts* option where you can choose which accounts to display. Both of my closed cards and checking account are still listed but hidden. Seems like they dont delete them from the system.

If you get an instant approval it won't be an issue. If it goes to manual review they may give you grief about the closed account. Chase is quirky sometimes.

Naa it doesn't stay there forever. I closed the regular Chase Sapphire card around December so i can move that limit to my Slate which got approved for $500 and the Sapphire has $4,500 ( Moved $500 to my Amazon visa). It disappeared off my account 2 months ago or so?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.