cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed CreditOne and Fingerhut, more to come!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed CreditOne and Fingerhut, more to come!

Got rid of CreditOne and Fingerhut today. Now that I'm in a better place with my credit there is no reason for me to keep these cards.

Experience closing the cards:

Fingerhut was really easy. Confirmed I wanted the account close. Confirmed I didn't want the catalogs anymore. Was informed account was closed and would take up to 10 weeks to be taken off their mailers. (Awesome).

CreditOne was anything but. The first representative had me on hold for 5 minutes to get a retention person. The retention person with broken English was informing me why I should keep the card, though no offer to raise CL. Even tried to sell me the insurance, bless that lady heart for trying to up sell. I see the account is $0.00 but will wait till I get the statement showing it is closed before I destroy the card. Next step get rid of the secure cards. Discover in 10 days I hit 1 year, if no love, I'll cancel. I'm happy with US Bank and Barclay. Will be Apping in Dec for Amex.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed CreditOne and Fingerhut, more to come!

Congrats on moving on up! It sounds like those cards served their purposes.

Don't forget where you started, but keep your eyes on the prize.
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job hsxagentSmiley Happy i remember closing my FH, was kind of sad but they served their purpose and funny enough are still my only closed card on my reportsSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting rid of CreditOne and any other card you deemed unnecessary!
Message 4 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got rid of CreditOne and Fingerhut today. Now that I'm in a better place with my credit there is no reason for me to keep these cards.

Experience closing the cards:

Fingerhut was really easy. Confirmed I wanted the account close. Confirmed I didn't want the catalogs anymore. Was informed account was closed and would take up to 10 weeks to be taken off their mailers. (Awesome).

CreditOne was anything but. The first representative had me on hold for 5 minutes to get a retention person. The retention person with broken English was informing me why I should keep the card, though no offer to raise CL. Even tried to sell me the insurance, bless that lady heart for trying to up sell. I see the account is $0.00 but will wait till I get the statement showing it is closed before I destroy the card. Next step get rid of the secure cards. Discover in 10 days I hit 1 year, if no love, I'll cancel. I'm happy with US Bank and Barclay. Will be Apping in Dec for Amex.

Congrats on your success ! 

Credit One loses another victim.... errr "customer" - always welcome news !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.