Regular Contributor

Re: Closed CreditOne!!!!

Congrats!

Message 11 of 16
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Way to progress!

I'm 1 payment away from paying off my CreditOne... then riding the zero balance till my 11th month. I can't wait!

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 12 of 16
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I just closed my Credit One account tonight over the phone.  When they asked why, I told them I didn't like their no-grace period, their AFs, their pay-for-CLIs, and their not-so-hot APR.   The agent informed me about the account reporting to the three CRAs (which is true...Credit One never showed up on Innovis) and I said I still want to close it.

Woo hoo!!   Progress!!

I should have said "Keep it!  I've got an AMEX now!"   LOL

Hurray!!! Congratulations getting rid of that sharky card!!!!!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats on being a much wiser consumer now.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 16
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

In short, you were glad to get rid of the card because you liked nothing about it Smiley Very Happy

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 15 of 16
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I had the same feeling when I closed mine this past weekend. Rep got an attitude with me for wanting to close it too. SO glad to be dome with them. Next on the close list is my secured Cap One, it bites the dust at lunch time when I can call in Smiley Happy

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.