Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed FNBO Secured Visa Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Closed FNBO Secured Visa Card

I called First National Bank of Omaha and asked them to close the secured card and send me my deposit back. Now that my credit is improved, it does not make any sense for me to keep the secured card especially when there no interest paid on my security deposit and no rewards on the card. I guess it served it's purpose and time to move on with life.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed FNBO Secured Visa Card

@Red1Blue wrote:
I called First National Bank of Omaha and asked them to close the secured card and send me my deposit back. Now that my credit is improved, it does not make any sense for me to keep the secured card especially when there no interest paid on my security deposit and no rewards on the card. I guess it served it's purpose and time to move on with life.

why didn't you have them switch it to unsecured card and keep the acct age? I had mine switched. it cost me an inq. but i got to keep the history.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser wrote:

Congrats on the pruning!

With as many other accounts as you have, I doubt that it will be missed, even when it falls off in ten years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yep. Time for the card to go. It served its purpose. I could have asked them to make it unsecure, but I did not want to take a chance with a new Hard inq on my CR at this time.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.