Super Contributor
concorduser

Closed FNBO Secured Visa Card

I called First National Bank of Omaha and asked them to close the secured card and send me my deposit back. Now that my credit is improved, it does not make any sense for me to keep the secured card especially when there no interest paid on my security deposit and no rewards on the card. I guess it served it's purpose and time to move on with life.
Regular Contributor
Max09

Re: Closed FNBO Secured Visa Card

concorduser wrote:
I called First National Bank of Omaha and asked them to close the secured card and send me my deposit back. Now that my credit is improved, it does not make any sense for me to keep the secured card especially when there no interest paid on my security deposit and no rewards on the card. I guess it served it's purpose and time to move on with life.

why didn't you have them switch it to unsecured card and keep the acct age? I had mine switched. it cost me an inq. but i got to keep the history.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

concorduser wrote:

Congrats on the pruning!

With as many other accounts as you have, I doubt that it will be missed, even when it falls off in ten years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
concorduser

Yep. Time for the card to go. It served its purpose. I could have asked them to make it unsecure, but I did not want to take a chance with a new Hard inq on my CR at this time.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+