cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed FP and ORCHARD TODAY! Feels Good!

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Closed FP and ORCHARD TODAY! Feels Good!

Finally The Day has come!

First Orchard- 300.00$ CL 28.9%APR 75.00$AF CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said they couldnt do anything about the AF but to please wait that they are updating their systems TONIGHT and CLI should be in the very near Future. I said, Who Cares? You can't do anything with the APR and the AF, So what if you give me 100.00CLI every 6 months or 1 per year.  Bye Bye -Oh and another thing! The rep said, Keep in mind Mr. XXXX this is a PLATINUM CARD (300.00$ Really?) SO YOU CAN USE IT FOR CAR RENTALS AND HOTELS. WHAT??? That was her Selling Point?

Then First Premier. 400.00 CL 20.15% APR 48.00 AF 6.00$ Monthly Servicing Charge Fee

He had the audasity to say< " We can credit your account 30.00$ to cover the monthly servicing fee"  What??? 12 months X 6.00$ a month does not make 30.00$! Your Going to pay only half? Not even half~! Half would be 36.00$ BYE BYE

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed FP and ORCHARD TODAY! Feels Good!

Good for you! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I called Orchard yesterday and asked about a CLI. They told me for the umpteenth time that they're upgrading their systems, etc.... I was going to keep them for another year for reporting purposes, but if they don't at least waive the AF for me come August, I may go ahead and close them. And FP is DEFINITELY going bye-bye when my annual renewal comes up in Sept!

Feels good to be moving forward, doesn't it! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 8
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks!!! You know what? If I had been on this forum before I would have NEVER GOTTEN FP OR ORCHARD. I would have just plugged all that $$ I sent them for AF and Monthly fees and put them into my Secured Cards.  I have a Cap 1 Secured and a BOA Secured.  So much better than the FP and Orchard. Granted they did help build my credit to where it is today, but I could have done the same with a secured card. My last and very Last Sub Prime Card is CREDIT ONE! That will be Next Month and I will be officically off the Sub Prime List!

Message 3 of 8
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I would not touch Credit One. They charge daily interest on regular purchases. So in other words there is no escaping interest. On top of the AF and low credit limits, Credit One is not worth anything.

Message 4 of 8
texasman07
Established Contributor

Credit One is bad! Its my last to go next Month!

I would rate First Premier NUMBER 1

Which one Would be next???? lets play this game! LOL

Message 5 of 8
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to my NFCU card, I can get rid of lame accounts.   Fee accounts are now on their way out of my portfolio!   I also closed my two FP accounts this month.   I didn't want to hear their sales pitch to keep me, so I sent message to them online to close both accounts, which surprisingly they did promptly without hassle.  I also closed a New Millennium secured card I have with only a $500 limit, however, it takes 8-10 weeks to report it closed and refund the secured deposit.   I am closing Credit One in October before the annual fee hits.  My next targets are the stagnant cards that have not given me any CLI's and have low limits (Paypal, Best Buy MC.)  

Looking forward to fewer cards with better limits!

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a PayPal connect to tie to my EBAY account via the PayPal debit card... Plan to use it for the next 6 months and if no CLI, see ya later!

Ray

Message 7 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a PayPal connect to tie to my EBAY account via the PayPal debit card... Plan to use it for the next 6 months and if no CLI, see ya later!

Ray

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **

I really like the tagline in your sig! Tha'ts exactly how I feel about my card portfolio!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.