Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed First Premier

tag
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed First Premier

I haven't had FP but I understand why they exist: To gouge the living daylights out of their customers who have nowhere else to turn. It gives people rebuilding another chance. At the same time, they have to realize they serve a niche market that has no loyalty to their product. Congrats on getting prime cards.
Message 11 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@newyearnewcredit wrote:
Ok guys. Closed first premier today. Both cards. One with a $250 limit and one with a $400 limit. The CSR gave me the spill on "according to my fico.com, 15% of your score is the longevity of your account," and told me my score could go down with closing the cards. Kinda bombed me out. I closed the cards because I recently got approved for a discover it for $1500 a amex gold delta $100 and a chase freedom $500 along with a $1500 care credit and $700 for both texaco/chevron and amazon store. Will it really be as bad as she saying? She said I had 90 days to reopen and said I already paid the annual dee for both:.. Should I just reopen them?

Well, just for fun you should call back and give them these terms:

1)  0.111 Lifetime APR

2)  Annual Vacation Package in Vegas, all paid w/ $10k cash spend limit

3)  $100k starting limit

4)  100points per $1 spend,  each point transferrable to Chase UR/ AMEX MR point system.

5)  Annual "Thank You" Reverse Annual Fee of $1000 back to me

If they say no, well....then tell them "peace" out. 

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 17
newyearnewcredit
Contributor

lol good one yu deploy. They would probably hang up when I say the 0.111 lifetime APR😂😂😂😂
(714)EQ (712)EX (722)TU
AMEX Plat NPSL/ NFCU CashRewards $17300/Discover It $3000/AMEX Delta Gold $1000/Americas First Federal Credit Union $1000/Capital One Quicksilver $13500/Macys Gold $7000/Belk $1800/Bloomingdales $1500/ Amazon $2370/Cheveron $1800/Banana Republic $1800/Walmart MasterCard $1800/ Bancorp South $$3000/Regions $3000
Message 13 of 17
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Congrats. FPB is truly crap. I was going to cancel my credit one but they waived the AF for 6 months. As long as I am not paying for it, it can't hurt to keep those OKs rolling in. The day it kicks back in they are getting another call from me.
Message 14 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@newyearnewcredit wrote:
Ok guys. Closed first premier today. Both cards. One with a $250 limit and one with a $400 limit. The CSR gave me the spill on "according to my fico.com, 15% of your score is the longevity of your account," and told me my score could go down with closing the cards. Kinda bombed me out. I closed the cards because I recently got approved for a discover it for $1500 a amex gold delta $100 and a chase freedom $500 along with a $1500 care credit and $700 for both texaco/chevron and amazon store. Will it really be as bad as she saying? She said I had 90 days to reopen and said I already paid the annual dee for both:.. Should I just reopen them?

A big congrats on closing those "leech" cards and on your approvals.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 15 of 17
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

I would call back and tell them you want no fee and a good rate. Also a CL of at least 1k. if they say no then tell them goodby. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 16 of 17
Longroad
Established Contributor

Congrats on your liberation from the FP "fee-a-thon"

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.