Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed First Premier

I finally got rid of First Premier. I was stuck at a $250 limit, and the fees were just ridiculous. They offered to pay the fees for six months or whatever, but I decided to go ahead and get out while the gettin' was good. It feels good to ditch that card.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed First Premier

I bet it feels great!

Do you have any other open revolving accounts?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have a Home Depot CC with a $2,000 limit, a new credit union CC with a $3,000 limit, and a HSBC CC with a $720 limit. I know it's not great, but we're still working on rebuilding (or really, just waiting for old baddies to fall off). All of our history for the past 2-3 years is positive.

Message 3 of 26
vish1
Valued Contributor

Nuked FP, yay, way2go

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have a Home Depot CC with a $2,000 limit, a new credit union CC with a $3,000 limit, and a HSBC CC with a $720 limit. I know it's not great, but we're still working on rebuilding (or really, just waiting for old baddies to fall off). All of our history for the past 2-3 years is positive.

It IS great!  Congratulations! 

Very wise to shut down FP.

Message 5 of 26
vish1
Valued Contributor

I was wondering what to do with that piece of plastic now, here is my suggestion (applies to all orchard, FP cards):

• Go to a store like crate & barrel and get a good knife
  • Cut the card into atleast 100 small pieces and then use a hammer to bang the pieces a few times
  • Pack them all very carefully into a plastic bag and seal properly (re-verify that you din't drop any pieces anywhere at your home)
  • Carefully carry the bag to your car and drive atleast 1 mile in any direction
  • Find a trash can and dump the plastic bag containing the pieces of the card
  • Go back home and take a deep breath (dancing for a few minutes is not a bad idea either)
Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 26
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

I was wondering what to do with that piece of plastic now, here is my suggestion (applies to all orchard, FP cards):

• Cut the card into atleast 100 small pieces and then use a hammer to bang the pieces a few times
  • Pack them all very carefully into a plastic bag and seal properly (re-verify that you din't drop any pieces anywhere at your home)
  • Go back home and take a deep breath (dancing for a few minutes is not a bad idea either)

You should frame it.    it is like art in a way.   You paid a lot for it.  It has no utility value.    Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 26
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you kidding me, that's fantastic! I'm hoping to someday work my way up to a $3,000 credit limit. Smiley Very Happy

And congratulations on ditching First Premier. July will be my second anniversary with them and I can't wait to give them the pink slip before the annual fee is due.

Message 8 of 26
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

You should frame it.    it is like art in a way.   You paid a lot for it.  It has no utility value.    Smiley Wink

I got no FP/Orchard, this was a suggestion for OP.

I just realized now, that I did not make myself really clear. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 26
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I got no FP/Orchard, this was a suggestion for OP.

I just realized now, that I did not make myself really clear. Smiley Happy

I think putting Orchard with FP is not reallly fair.   FP is far worse with it fees.   Orchard is a decent starter card for people with bad credit.    IMO, there is no justification for getting FP card now.    

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.