New Contributor
Rollercoaster_84

Closed First Premier

I finally got rid of First Premier. I was stuck at a $250 limit, and the fees were just ridiculous. They offered to pay the fees for six months or whatever, but I decided to go ahead and get out while the gettin' was good. It feels good to ditch that card.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: Closed First Premier

I bet it feels great!

Do you have any other open revolving accounts?

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
New Contributor
Rollercoaster_84

Yes, I have a Home Depot CC with a $2,000 limit, a new credit union CC with a $3,000 limit, and a HSBC CC with a $720 limit. I know it's not great, but we're still working on rebuilding (or really, just waiting for old baddies to fall off). All of our history for the past 2-3 years is positive.

Valued Contributor
vish1

Nuked FP, yay, way2go

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Rollercoaster_84 wrote:

Yes, I have a Home Depot CC with a $2,000 limit, a new credit union CC with a $3,000 limit, and a HSBC CC with a $720 limit. I know it's not great, but we're still working on rebuilding (or really, just waiting for old baddies to fall off). All of our history for the past 2-3 years is positive.

It IS great!  Congratulations! 

Very wise to shut down FP.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Valued Contributor
vish1

I was wondering what to do with that piece of plastic now, here is my suggestion (applies to all orchard, FP cards):

• Go to a store like crate & barrel and get a good knife
  • Cut the card into atleast 100 small pieces and then use a hammer to bang the pieces a few times
  • Pack them all very carefully into a plastic bag and seal properly (re-verify that you din't drop any pieces anywhere at your home)
  • Carefully carry the bag to your car and drive atleast 1 mile in any direction
  • Find a trash can and dump the plastic bag containing the pieces of the card
  • Go back home and take a deep breath (dancing for a few minutes is not a bad idea either)
Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

vish1 wrote:

I was wondering what to do with that piece of plastic now, here is my suggestion (applies to all orchard, FP cards):

• Cut the card into atleast 100 small pieces and then use a hammer to bang the pieces a few times
  • Pack them all very carefully into a plastic bag and seal properly (re-verify that you din't drop any pieces anywhere at your home)
  • Go back home and take a deep breath (dancing for a few minutes is not a bad idea either)

You should frame it.    it is like art in a way.   You paid a lot for it.  It has no utility value.    :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626

Rollercoaster_84 wrote:

Are you kidding me, that's fantastic! I'm hoping to someday work my way up to a $3,000 credit limit. :smileyvery-happy:

And congratulations on ditching First Premier. July will be my second anniversary with them and I can't wait to give them the pink slip before the annual fee is due.

Valued Contributor
vish1

Wolf3 wrote:

vish1 wrote:

You should frame it.    it is like art in a way.   You paid a lot for it.  It has no utility value.    :smileywink:

I got no FP/Orchard, this was a suggestion for OP.

I just realized now, that I did not make myself really clear. :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

vish1 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

vish1 wrote:

I got no FP/Orchard, this was a suggestion for OP.

I just realized now, that I did not make myself really clear. :smileyhappy:

I think putting Orchard with FP is not reallly fair.   FP is far worse with it fees.   Orchard is a decent starter card for people with bad credit.    IMO, there is no justification for getting FP card now.    

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+