tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed First Premier

@Wolf3 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I was wondering what to do with that piece of plastic now, here is my suggestion (applies to all orchard, FP cards):

• Go to a store like crate & barrel and get a good knife
  • Cut the card into atleast 100 small pieces and then use a hammer to bang the pieces a few times
  • Pack them all very carefully into a plastic bag and seal properly (re-verify that you din't drop any pieces anywhere at your home)
  • Carefully carry the bag to your car and drive atleast 1 mile in any direction
  • Find a trash can and dump the plastic bag containing the pieces of the card
  • Go back home and take a deep breath (dancing for a few minutes is not a bad idea either)

You should frame it.    it is like art in a way.   You paid a lot for it.  It has no utility value.    Smiley Wink

I got no FP/Orchard, this was a suggestion for OP.

I just realized now, that I did not make myself really clear. Smiley Happy

I think putting Orchard with FP is not reallly fair.   FP is far worse with it fees.   Orchard is a decent starter card for people with bad credit.    IMO, there is no justification for getting FP card now.    

I agree, my process should be called designed for FP, may work on some orchards too. Fair?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 26
wiilbur
Established Member

Congratulations on dumping FP,  This is one of the best milestones a person can reach, in my opinion.   Having a FP card made me a religious person, only because I hope there is a Hades their mercenary souls can be consigned to for eternity, an eternity of 78% interest and charges to pay  their own bill.

Starting Score: EQ623 TU 632 EX ??
Current Score: EQ 688 TU707 EX (fakko)703
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@wiilbur wrote:

Congratulations on dumping FP,  This is one of the best milestones a person can reach, in my opinion.   Having a FP card made me a religious person, only because I hope there is a Hades their mercenary souls can be consigned to for eternity, an eternity of 78% interest and charges to pay  their own bill.

Hahaha...This cracked me up!

FP has accomplished what not even years of conflict and enduring spiritual debates could not--push the individual dissenter into the arms of organized religion.

Message 13 of 26
wiilbur
Established Member

who said religion has to be organized?.  Myself, i prefer the spiritual aspects of chaos,   much like trying to make sense out  of the terms of  of a FP account.  or waiting for a random miracle, like a cli from FP!

Starting Score: EQ623 TU 632 EX ??
Current Score: EQ 688 TU707 EX (fakko)703
Goal Score: 720

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy
@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got rid of First Premier. I was stuck at a $250 limit, and the fees were just ridiculous. They offered to pay the fees for six months or whatever, but I decided to go ahead and get out while the gettin' was good. It feels good to ditch that card.

CONGRATS!!! I'll bet it feels really good!

Message 15 of 26
Tmac7631
New Contributor

I wish I could get rid of this card as well. Unfortunately my score is not very good right now and will have to wait this out. My interest is only 9.9% on my card but the monthly fee and annual fee make this card a pain to use. I have had the card for 14 months now with perfect payment history. Hopefully when I reach the 600's I can get a better card and dump these guys.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed two FP cards this year also, it feels good doesn't it? Next on the list is Orchard Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed two FP cards this year also, it feels good doesn't it? Next on the list is Orchard Smiley Very Happy

GOOD FOR YOU.   I closed mine the day I got it.

@Anonymous wrote:

I never thought Orchard was so bad though.  Gave auto

CLIS.  Lot better than HSBC card.

Message 18 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@wiilbur wrote:

who said religion has to be organized?.  Myself, i prefer the spiritual aspects of chaos,   much like trying to make sense out  of the terms of  of a FP account.  or waiting for a random miracle, like a cli from FP!

Eris would be very amused! Smiley Wink

To the OP... congrats on dumping FP! I can't wait to do the same!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to close mine in another day or two. Just waiting for my balance to update. Feels good to finally get rid of this starter card!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.