Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Kohls

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Closed Kohls

Have had the card over a year and ask every couple months for CLI and it's always denied $300 limit.

I called and closed it.

Don't need and don't like it!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Closed Kohls

Good for u! I have no interest in the Kohl's card and once Ron clarified that 3k is the max limit that can could have, I lost any interest of ever wanting it. 

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same experience asking for CLI's on my Kohl's charge.  I keep it because of the 30% off coupons with use of the Kohl's charge.  I put quite a bit through it during Christmas.  You get to keep the 30% coupon as long as it hasn't expired (usually at least a couple weeks) - so I will put $300 on the card - go pay it off at the store the next day and do it again if I have more than $300 worth of items / presents to purchase.  Though it's a pain in the butt, I think its worth it - especially if you can get the discount plus the Kohl's cash.....

Message 3 of 29
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Ha, I closed mine ($700 CL) yesterday! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the same experience asking for CLI's on my Kohl's charge.  I keep it because of the 30% off coupons with use of the Kohl's charge.  I put quite a bit through it during Christmas.  You get to keep the 30% coupon as long as it hasn't expired (usually at least a couple weeks) - so I will put $300 on the card - go pay it off at the store the next day and do it again if I have more than $300 worth of items / presents to purchase.  Though it's a pain in the butt, I think its worth it - especially if you can get the discount plus the Kohl's cash.....

True... One of the cards that is worth having if you do shop there.

Message 5 of 29
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Close mine at $750 as well. Even without the card I still get the 20% off offers in the mail (the 30% off of cardholders does not make a difference for me). Using my Discover with Apple Pay now and getting 22% cashback on top of the 20% off. 

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Have had the card over a year and ask every couple months for CLI and it's always denied $300 limit.

I called and closed it.

Don't need and don't like it!

Sorry CA. Smiley Embarassed Don't understand why they would deny you a CLI.  I've had the card for almost two and and am near the max for them.  Don't understand why they don't go over $3k.  Love their Kitchenaid and Cuisinart stuff.

Message 7 of 29
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Wow CA closing an acct!!!! That must be a first LOLSmiley Happy

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, an interesting turn of events Creditaddict! Smiley Very Happy

I never thought I'd see the day where I would come across several of your threads with closing accounts!

Now, I can see SYNCB due to maximum exposure and the possibility of FR, but Kohl's and Capital One? lol

Granted, not huge CLs but it's definitely interesting that you're no longer keeping them long term. So, what about those multiple Target Redcards with low CLs - those certainly won't grow. Are you still keeping those?
Message 9 of 29
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Don't blame you for closing it with that limit and no luv. Mines is up to $2,500 so I guess I have another $500 left to get from them. Don't know if I'll keep it because of the 30% since now the percentage off doesn't seem to apply on Levi's only dollar off's do. Kohl's is slowing becoming JCP in regards to what discounts apply towards to. My wife is an associate and we were saving big time on Levi products because on associate shop days she could stack a 20% + another 20% plus her 15% so I was getting Levis jeans for $20, not anymore.Smiley Sad

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.