Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed My Secured Card from Kinecta FCU

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Closed My Secured Card from Kinecta FCU

In anticipation of 2014 being a stronger year for me due to baddies dropping, I opened a secured card with Kinecta back in 2012. Recently I wrote a letter thanking them for the opportunity to help me rebuild my credit back to where it is now and requested for them to unsecure my card. I didnt use the card much, I've run probably a little under $20k in it during its lifetime and would usually PIF.  It got the attention of one of their VPs but unfortunately they would not do it. Back then I wish I was more familiar with banks that are known for graduating (Boa).  I closed my account and it was nice receiving the $5k security back.

Being a member for over a decade, overall I don't recommend using them. The application process was more involved than I felt it should be. I think at the time i had about $20k in my account. After providing proof of income, they were asking questions about the ADP pay stubs which gave the impression that they didn't know how to read the dates or understand YTD. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Closed My Secured Card from Kinecta FCU

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.