Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Orchard Account

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Closed Orchard Account

I closed by oldest TL since I wanted to clean my file, and I'm not sure I made the right decision. It had a very low limit ($400) and an AF of $39 (although I had 5 more months till the new AF is billed).  Do you think I made the right decision? 

My other TL and Util are:

Discover $0/2k

Amex Blue $0/2k

BoA Visa Signature $800/8k (no reported limit)

Amex Zync 0/(No-Present)

BBRZMC $0/500 (no AF)

Store Cards:

Amazon 0/1000

Paypal 0/1700

Dell 0/1200

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Closed Orchard Account

In my view, yes.  I would have done the same.  Unless Orchard is willing to forgo the fee, there is no reason to keep it open.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahendra82 wrote:

I closed by oldest TL since I wanted to clean my file, and I'm not sure I made the right decision. It had a very low limit ($400) and an AF of $39 (although I had 5 more months till the new AF is billed).  Do you think I made the right decision? 

My other TL and Util are:

Discover $0/2k

Amex Blue $0/2k

BoA Visa Signature $800/8k (no reported limit)

Amex Zync 0/(No-Present)

BBRZMC $0/500 (no AF)

Store Cards:

Amazon 0/1000

Paypal 0/1700

Dell 0/1200

I would have done the same.  Orchard's a great rebuilder, but you've moved beyond.  No need for AF cards with what's in your wallet.

Remember, Orchard will continue to report and show up in your AAofA for about ten years after closing.

Message 3 of 6
mahendra82
Contributor

Thanks! I was worried that my current TL might look at the cancellation unfavorably since my available credit is now at a lower level. I just need to keep my util low since the BOA Sigy doesn't report limits. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would cancel cards with an AF, unless it's the only account on your CR.

Message 5 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

Don't worry about the TL, your closed cards will report on your account in good standing for about 10 years

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.