Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Orchard Reporting Status

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Closed Orchard Reporting Status

I just called Orchard Bank to close one my my cards. After speaking with 2 offshore reps who said the fee wouldn't be waived unless I closed it, I called one last time and said just close it, then they tranferred me to someone who tried to tell me how great my $300 cl is for renting cars and everyday use. I explained to her that $300 is nothing on a car rental. She asked me to reconsider, i said I had already thought about it and if the $59 fee wasn't waived, I wanted to close it. So she did. I specifically asked her would it report as closed by ME and she said yes and would send a letter saying so.

Anyone close their account and it report as closed by cardholder or report incorrectly as closed by creditor??

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed Orchard Reporting Status

I closed my Orchard secured card a few months ago and it reported fine. Did not report as being closed by the creditor or anything. You should be fine.

Message 2 of 3
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: Closed Orchard Reporting Status

It really doesn't matter who closes it. It's irrelevant to all your intents and purposes as long as it's never been late or has been in bad standing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.