New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter

Closed Orchard account still showing on my reports. Please advise.

[ Edited ]
I closed my Orchard Bank starter card account last year but noticed today that its still showing on all three of my reports as "Open" with a $79 balance. The $79 balance would be the annual fee that would have been assessed had I kept the card. I logged into the Orchard website and my account shows closed since September 2012 and $0 balance.

How should I remedy this?

Also, is it possible that this may be advantageous where AAOA is concerned? It was my oldest card by more than a year.

Thanks.
From no credit to EQ 747 in 16 months using info from these forums!

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

RIP: Orchard/Cap1 520CL

Fico 726

Valued Contributor
mxp114

Re: Closed Orchard account still showing on my reports. Please advise.

File a dispute on any of the reports undr incorrect balance, this will trigger them to update all three reports to reflect closed $0.

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Put in a dispute.  Even if the account is closed it will remain on your reports for many years.  I have accounts showing from the early 90's, but that's a little unusual.  Up to 10 years is the norm.

New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter

Done. Thanks.
From no credit to EQ 747 in 16 months using info from these forums!

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

RIP: Orchard/Cap1 520CL

Fico 726

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+