Established Member
medic13

Closed Orchard hope it was right thing to do.

[ Edited ]

Hope I did the right thing by closing my Orchard but couldnt take the $7 a month annual fee.  They wouldnt waive it so after 5 yrs sent it to pasture.  

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: Closed Orchard hope it was right thing to do.

THe orchard card will contine to report and have a positive effect on your AAoA for the next 10 years, AAoA is not effected by closing a credit card. The only effect is your UTL could go up but you have it covered, checkout  Closing Credit cards  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Regular Contributor
Dishpro

Read the thread under this topic called closing credit cards.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
medic13

Thanks for some reason I thought it would also have an effect on the AAOA and thus was a bit worried.  Still paying an annual fee on the household account but its good for another seven months so will keep it open til then.  Hopefully one of the other cards will have grown another $400 by then to cover it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}