Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Out Marvel and CapOne

tag
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Closed Out Marvel and CapOne

I grew tired of having so many cards I don't use and now that the portfolio has expanded significantly in the past year, time to cut dead weight.

Marvel was stuck at 8k and a high APR - only about a year old, I jumped on the Marvel train like so many of us around this time last year

CapOne was stuck at 6.5k and a high APR - one of my oldest active accounts at 2.5 years or so

I did notice that the CapOne rep was extremely friendly until it was clear they weren't going to retain me as a customer, then it was very matter of fact and blah interaction.

I'm sure CK will give me a score hit, they always do after I close an account despite my utilzation not really being affected. Fico never shows more than a 1-2 point swing after closures.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Closed Out Marvel and CapOne

Nice job!  Your portfolio is looking impressive, and I'm sure the Discover and BCE will grow soon.  The Vantage scores are a joke (my EQ and TU are in the 650s and have been in the 630s, but actual FICO 08 are 733-739), so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  For some of us, the relationship with CapOne just reaches a dead end.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.