Valued Contributor
MrShush

Closed/Stolen JCPenney/GEMB card still reporting

Is it normal for a card that was reported stolen then closed about a dozen or so years ago to still report?! The card has been closed since 97 or 98, it doesn't affect my AAoA, but is still reporting on EX as indicated by True Credit. I would assume I'm in GEMB's good graces because in June I accepted a Sam's Club Discover with a $4400 limit. (yes, I have a real Discover too.)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Closed/Stolen JCPenney/GEMB card still reporting

So it shows as closed, with a closed date of 11-12 years ago, and it's still reporting?

Shush, Mr. Shush, tiptoe away from this one. :smileywink: As long as it's there, it is still helping your AAoA, because AAoA is determined by the accounts that show on your report, whether open or closed. No telling why they forgot to stop reporting it. Maybe it's because it was reported as stolen, and so it's somehow not in the usual category for ceasing to report. This is a completely wild guess out of nowhere, btw, just the one thing that suggests itself. Every now and again, old closed accounts hang on longer than 10 years. All you can do is be quietly grateful.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
MrShush

HTSU, I think you may be right :smileywink:

Says opened 07/1996 but there are 2 entries for it. Maybe I shouldn't worry.

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

haulingthescoreup wrote:
So it shows as closed, with a closed date of 11-12 years ago, and it's still reporting?

Shush, Mr. Shush, tiptoe away from this one. :smileywink: As long as it's there, it is still helping your AAoA, because AAoA is determined by the accounts that show on your report, whether open or closed. No telling why they forgot to stop reporting it. Maybe it's because it was reported as stolen, and so it's somehow not in the usual category for ceasing to report. This is a completely wild guess out of nowhere, btw, just the one thing that suggests itself. Every now and again, old closed accounts hang on longer than 10 years. All you can do is be quietly grateful.

Consider yourself very fortunate. I had an old LOC that was opened and closed over 20 years ago that finally dropped off this year. I have no idea what kept it there all that time. Wish I still had it:smileysad:

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+