Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Surge!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Surge!!!

That's how I see it. It will hurt my util a little bit but I'd rather take that hit now and be done with it. I still have a good mix.
Message 11 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go. By the way, if you feel comfortable, if you provide yours scores and what you currently have im sure you can get plenty good advice on how to improve your current status. . Again thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm too embarrassed I think. Lol. I know that's silly but I let myself get out of control and well I'm honestly ashamed. I hate that I let myself do this but I figure if I start getting rid of these subprime cards and stop spending on them, I can snowball payments and get rid of them.
Message 13 of 33
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Don't be ashamed. We've all been there done that. This is an awesome community, one that only wants to help.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Don't be ashamed. We've all been there done that. This is an awesome community, one that only wants to help.

^ THIS

If you could have seen me after my BK.....that southern belle was in FULL force. Tears, running mascara...ugly cry 😂

Not many people I know actually know my story.....but I've told it here. And I feel like I know some of the posters here. Sometimes it feels good to let it out. We don't judge here. 

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

^ THIS

If you could have seen me after my BK.....that southern belle was in FULL force. Tears, running mascara...ugly cry 😂

Not many people I know actually know my story.....but I've told it here. And I feel like I know some of the posters here. Sometimes it feels good to let it out. We don't judge here. 

The forum is often a great place to talk about real life things with others that are actually here for you.. 

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just afraid of being told what I already know. Get my util down, quit spending and get rid of the subprime cards lol. With that being said, I'm going to write everything down and post it today. I know I was irresponsible but I'm ready to get it together.

I really appreciate all the encouragement being given!!
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just afraid of being told what I already know. Get my util down, quit spending and get rid of the subprime cards lol. With that being said, I'm going to write everything down and post it today. I know I was irresponsible but I'm ready to get it together.

I really appreciate all the encouragement being given!!

Don't be afriad to share, we have all been there with the scores. Mine were in the low 500's when I first started rebuilding due to my home going in to foreclosure (thankfully we were able to get a loan mod), credit cards my ex maxed, and my own credit issues. Life happens and all we can do is learn from it Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright I got everything together including my FICO scores as of today from CCT. I hope this will be legible as I'm typing it all from my phone.

Overall util 40%

Exp score 624/68 inq TU 609/59 EQ 611/85

QS1 $703 bal/$850 cl/$25 min payment
QS $810//$850/$25
Total $307/$350/$37
First Access $223/$300/$37
Surge $309/$625/$35
Matrix $$467/$500/$35
Wal-Mart $409/$500/$25
Wal-Mart #2 $0/$250
Amazon $455/$800/$25
Simply Be $0/$500
JD Williams $76/$200/$10
Credit One $409/$700/$35
Stoneberry $250/$250/$17
Firestone $0/$1200
Bosch $0/$1000
Installment Loan $659/$51 min pay
Vet $275 bal/$53 set payment/5 more payments
Baddie $275 bal/$5 min pay

I think I've covered everything. I'm on disability with a monthly income of $1204. Chapter 7 discharged Sept 2015.

Please be gentle with me. I know the mistakes I've made and I'm trying to correct now. I know this will be a slow process and I'm ok with that.
Message 19 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

THANKs for sharing with us RobinRocks!. You ve made the most important step in recognizing that you WANT to change and improve. Asking for help doesnt make you weak. On this board we are like family, at least to me, this is one reason i personally dont need to find another credit board that may be more wild west than here. On occasion you may find a bad egg or two but usually the mods take care of that, thanks modsSmiley Happy

Most of us have been there. When i was starting out in my credit, no one ever taught me the rights and wrongs of credit like utilization, balances, etc. So i had really good credit as i always paid on time( never once knew my credit score, darn it Smiley Wink ) but being young just baught lots of stuff you buy when young, cds,clorhes, etc. My problen was if i had $1000 card i would have it at like 900 or to that effect bot realizing thats not good for my score or utilization plus take me like 30+ years to pay off. This of course lead my way to BK7. Wish i didnt have to go that route, but it did and im just starting to get on trackSmiley Happy .Many heartfelt thanks to members of this forum for their kind words and support.

Now that your " Out" there, of course you may here the usuals, pay down , etc but i bet you get some more pointed advise as many here have vast experience in getting back on track from a point you find yourself. Credit is a marathon not a sprint so by starting today, time will fly and you will see progress and be happy for it.

My main advice going forward now is when you are ready to app again, only app for a card that works for you and benefits your lifestyle and spending ability. Ive come to realize i dont need 20 ccs to enjoy credit. I currently have 17, but hopefully in 2 years that i want to gatden, my profile will be strong enough where i can reduce it to just a couple main ones. My very best for you on your new journey and very much look forward to "seeing " you around the forum lolSmiley Happy AVJ
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.