Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed a Few More Comenity Accounts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed a Few More Comenity Accounts!

I decided in 2016 to get rid of many unused accounts that were actually opened for "cushion" for utilization.   Today I closed 3 more accounts which brings the total of Comenity accounts I closed to 6 thus far.   Over the next couple of months, Sportsman Guide, Modell and Total Rewards are on the chopping block.  It does feel good to get rid of them....and Comenity!

J Crew. 6350.00

Overstock.  6600.00

HSN.  2300.00

It's no longer about quantity, it's definitely quality!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Closed a Few More Comenity Accounts!

Good for you!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

Message 3 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

YEA !

Message 4 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work I personally would have held on to Overstock because it has the financing benefits but who knows I keep seeing more and more sad stories
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Great work I personally would have held on to Overstock because it has the financing benefits but who knows I keep seeing more and more sad stories

Exactly fordguy89 the sad stories!!  I have read so many of them...and why not me?  I don't want to sign on and learn that I have been closed down because I have 20 inquiries on my Experian report..  It's crazy and I plan to close them all by June unless they beat me to the punch, lol!  

I only used Overstock a couple of times for small purchases just to keep it open,  I won't miss them!  Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! RoseyK on trimming the fat.

This post was useful inspirational to me to follow up with some housecleaning today too. Thank You Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!

Message 9 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

When Comenity comes a'callin, just think of Meghan Trainor  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTAUr3Nm6I

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.