Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed accounts and Chase 24/5 rule

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Closed accounts and Chase 24/5 rule

I have been reading about Chase's 24/5 rule. While I don't plan on opening another Chase account, I do have a question: has does Chase view two Cap One accounts that have been combine if both are under 24 or other cc that have been opened under 24 and then closed?
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Closed accounts and Chase 24/5 rule

It doesn't matter whether the accounts are now closed or not. It is "5 or more accounts opened in the last 24 months", regardless of whether they're still open.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 19 accounts opened in the last 24 months and I was approved for the freedom just check the prequalified-offers site
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have open well over 5 accounts in the past 24 months and I had a CO with them and I still got the CSP card saturday.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have open well over 5 accounts in the past 24 months and I had a CO with them and I still got the CSP card saturday.

nice! did you also go through the pre qualification?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a CO with Chase and they still approved you?  If you don't mind, what are the details? Dates, amount, was it paid?

I only ask because I also have a CO with them from 2010, not paid, but it fell into that lawsuit that happend over the summer so they can no longer collect on it.  Nothing is on my reports.  I was going to try and apply with them in 1-2 years but I hear they blacklist if you've ever had anything negative. Your experience is very encouraging to me.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a CO with Chase and they still approved you?  If you don't mind, what are the details? Dates, amount, was it paid?

I only ask because I also have a CO with them from 2010, not paid, but it fell into that lawsuit that happend over the summer so they can no longer collect on it.  Nothing is on my reports.  I was going to try and apply with them in 1-2 years but I hear they blacklist if you've ever had anything negative. Your experience is very encouraging to me.  

They haven't let me in yet, partly due to medical collections that should be gone soon, and partly because I defaulted on an old WAMU CC back in 2005 or 2006, and Chase bought WAMU so they have it on record..

Last year they said once they see a few months of positive history with more cards they will let me in.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They haven't let me in yet, partly due to medical collections that should be gone soon, and partly because I defaulted on an old WAMU CC back in 2005 or 2006, and Chase bought WAMU so they have it on record..

Last year they said once they see a few months of positive history with more cards they will let me in.

Well, that's encouraging that they told you they would eventually let you back in after they see some positive aging of your accounts.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the prequalify
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The CO was donr back in 2007. I had my identity stolen but I never did settle it. Being young and dumb I guess! So I told them just that. When I founf the CO last year with the collection I won and it was taken off. They asked for no proof or anything. Guessing maybe I got a break? I dunno but I'm happy to have a $5K SCL and I should have it this week! Just got my welcome email! I'm excited. 

Also I had no Pre-qual at all! I apped out of the blue. Wife got one though..So we apped at the same time. I had to recon.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.