Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed all credit cards and left with only 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed all credit cards and left with only 1

Yes I had a similar thread few months ago and reopened my accounts after almost everyone here disagreed with my decision to close them. Ten days ago I posted that I am leaving this forum because of credit addiction. As always we have few members that are good at judging said I will be back since I make impulsive decisions. This time I did something similar and kept only 1 account opened and very happy with the move. I will be leaving this time for long time just wanted to update.

PS Thanks to those 2 members who motivated me to stay away from this site by judging me just because I reopened my accounts.

/bye Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Closed all credit cards and left with only 1

Deja vu.

What did you keep? The Quicksilver again?

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well then, best of luck in the meantime.

But we do hope you will reconsider yet another return at some point when you won't feel so overwhelmed by all this credit mania

Message 3 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Honestly OP maybe this site just isn't good for you. If it's making you make too many impulsive decisions, a break can be good. Constantly reopening and closing accounts is not the best thing to do for your credit.

Anyway, good luck with your decision Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I had a similar thread few months ago and reopened my accounts after almost everyone here disagreed with my decision to close them. Ten days ago I posted that I am leaving this forum because of credit addiction. As always we have few members that are good at judging said I will be back since I make impulsive decisions. This time I did something similar and kept only 1 account opened and very happy with the move. I will be leaving this time for long time just wanted to update.

PS Thanks to those 2 members who motivated me to stay away from this site by judging me just because I reopened my accounts.

/bye Smiley Happy

Again?

Hopefully you carry a spare card in case it gets demagnetized or chip dies on it. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

/bye Smiley Happy

Good luck man. I wish you nothing but the best. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Honestly OP maybe this site just isn't good for you. If it's making you make too many impulsive decisions, a break can be good. Constantly reopening and closing accounts is not the best thing to do for your credit.

Anyway, good luck with your decision Smiley Happy

Yep........probably best to sd the accounts and let them fold fm no use.

Message 7 of 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Well, it doesn't matter what other forum members say.

All that matters is how the lenders are going to see this behavior.

It'll be best for OP to completely give credit cards a rest.

Message 8 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Well, it doesn't matter what other forum members say.

All that matters is how the lenders are going to see this behavior.

It'll be best for OP to completely give credit cards a rest.

Could not agree more.

Message 9 of 11
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

I don't know all the particulars of the original post, but leaving only 1 account open is not the best move. Better to leave a few open and only use 1 than close all accounts.  I am also unaware that credit was an addiction. I have a feeling it's something a little deeper causing one to believe credit is the source, but hey what do I know?

Best of luck to the OP in finding whatever it is that makes him happy. This is a lifelong struggle for many.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.