Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed cap1 secured after 1 year.

tag
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Closed cap1 secured after 1 year.

First card I've closed since rebuilding, AF hit and I closed before 30 days was up. Guy on the phone didn't put up to much of a fight, said he understood why I was closing it( small limit $450, AF, and no rewards).

Good rebuilding card, it served its purpose and I can recommend it as a rebuilding card if BoA secured or the others are a no go.

Never had a problem with it, and would do it again

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Closed cap1 secured after 1 year.

@xlr8d wrote:
First card I've closed since rebuilding, AF hit and I closed before 30 days was up. Guy on the phone didn't put up to much of a fight, said he understood why I was closing it( small limit $450, AF, and no rewards).

Good rebuilding card, it served its purpose and I can recommend it as a rebuilding card if BoA secured or the others are a no go.

Never had a problem with it, and would do it again

Congrats!!!

It's a good feeling isn't it??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Felt goooooooooood!!

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:
Felt goooooooooood!!

What other cards do you have?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Feels great for sure. Cap one has their problems, ok, lots of problems, but they were there for me years ago when i was trying to crawl out from under the rock i was living under credit wise.

They served the purpose, and i kept them for years probably longer than i should have. They also gave me an auto loan with great rates, and made it easy all the way around.

We all like to dump on them (they make it so easy), but they sure have helped a bunch of us when not many others would. So bad, yeah, just makes it all the better when you can easily close them out having moved up from credit hell.
Message 5 of 6
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I have A CC with my CU, Amex, discover, and a BoA secured about to graduate.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.