Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed card negative balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed card negative balance

I closed two cards. Citi AT&T and AmEx Platinum. Both have negative balance. Also I'm going to relocate, so my address will change. Do anyone have data points for what will happen?

Will banks wait one/two statements and send me a check?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed card negative balance

They will send you a check for the negative balance since you have closed the account.  But since you are moving, call and have them update your address information so that you can receive the checks.

Message 2 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

File your change of address with the post office, so that your mail is forwarded.  You don't want the new residents getting your credit card offers.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree with all the above, and will add, when you are ready to move, it may be worth updating your address with the bureaus. It's just an extra step in hoping for a smoother transition.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
Agree with all the above, and will add, when you are ready to move, it may be worth updating your address with the bureaus. It's just an extra step in hoping for a smoother transition.

Excellent idea!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.