Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed credit card

I use to have this same thought that your mom had.  I was too scared to open any CCs.  Now I use my CC for every purchase and just pay it off at the end of the month. 

Message 21 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Two threads have been merged into one.

Message 22 of 29
thummel
Established Contributor

Irunfromcredit if OP didn't need the credit this thread wouldn't have been created to begin with.
Message 23 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Pway wrote:

You have done these three things when you opened and closed that account:

1. AAOA, decrease

2. Taken 3 HP from Capital One

3. That tradeline will remain on your reports for 10 years whether it is opened or closed.

You certainly should do what's best for you. Me personally, these 3, especially the HP one, would have made me keep it. But again, it's all about your preference.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is my credit going to be negatively affected from me closing account? I literary closed the account within 15 minutes of me opening it...no charges on it at All. I have one other closed credit card account that i closed asap also two years ago because rewards weren't as great as I thought. All my other loans/credit cards are paid on time no lates what so ever.
Message 25 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Why are you asking this question again? It was answered multiple times yesterday.
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanna be sure. I feel like everyone's credit is different that's why. I shouldn't have opened the new card and canceled but I did it anyway.
Message 27 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Well the answer did not change overnight. The same impacts;

1. 3 hard pulls
2. AAoA reduced due to new trade line

Short term impacts, but what's done is done.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good...as long as my score doesn't dramatically change I'm fine. My aaoa will go back up over time and payments will help. Thank you again ! Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.