Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed due to inactivity

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed due to inactivity

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

I"m just personally not comfortable with autopay. I want control of who gets paid what when. What if fhere is a mistake in a bill and it drains my account and things bounce?

It's not that hard to fill your tank with a different card each time, or use different ones for groceries so they get some use.

No system is perfect and mistakes can certainly be made. That's why I check all my accounts everyday so that there are no surprises. I schedule the charges and payments far enough in advance to catch and correct any problems.

I've done this for years and have never experienced any kind of problem but everyone has to find what seems to work best for them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

It hasn't happened to me yet, but I've only used my crap one card once in the last year. 

Do many companies do this? I'm only concerned because it's my oldest line. 

Yes they do, I would consider running one small charge through it monthly if you don't plan on actively using it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 13
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

GE ( Walmart, JCP, Lowes, etc.) will do this. I recently had a Art Van ( furniture store) acct closed by them for 1 yr of inactivity. I mean, how often does one buy furniture anyway?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.