Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed fuel rewards today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed fuel rewards today

That was the card that started it all. I received a pre-approval in the mail March 2015 to apply online. 2500 SL. Never heard of Community Bank. I searched and found myfico. Then added like 19 accounts 😒

So anyway this one has not moved limit on the 11th month of ownership. My Sportsman Guide and its limit is sitting the same SL as well. I know you cannot reallocate but maybe axing this one will open up a limit increase on The Sportsman's Guide. I saw another total rewards kill off so I'm going to be proactive once again.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed fuel rewards today

closing that probably won't have an effect on the other comenity card. not like you're at max exposure and i doubt you're at an exposure worth worrying about in general with them. don't close cards solely for lack of growth. just if you don't need them.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I needed it (FRN MC) more last year. I have added several prime cards since then, with limits and rewards both higher in my favor. The thing with shell stations is they are out of my way to find one that offers the rewards network (not all do). So, goodbye. Its true my profile and income don't dictate huge CLI, but zero bumps feels like no progress as well. Personal total available credit probably  weighs more than with this single bank exposure. I'm >2x income still. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

totally understand where you're coming from but don't let the CLI screams progress. some cards grow and others don't. half of the population (or more) probably don't even know you can get SP CLIs. we're just spoiled lol
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youre totally right. 20 years ago we had a lot less people to compare our stats with, so when you had a glimpse of a family member or coworker having baby limits, you knew they deserved em LOL. And then 2002-2009 myself and many of us in 30s and 40s I had great credit and was treated w/auto CLI all the time anyway, didnt care. If a limit was weak, use something else.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.