cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my Barclay Rewards Card......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed my Barclay Rewards Card......

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
I did the same thing. It's all good. Smiley Happy

Were you the one who recommended to me the other day to consider doing what I finally did this afternoon? I know you like your SM a lot, so I hope it works out for me. The CL is going to be nice with it, considering when I got it on 7/2, the initial CL was $2,500 Smiley Happy

I think several of us did. Smiley Wink. Good job.

Imperfect - yes, I remember now lol...wait until you're 55 Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy LOL, I am.  56 in October.

I'll be 55 on 10/17!

Day before.

So you and my sister are the same day, but she was born in 58. Libra power Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Were you the one who recommended to me the other day to consider doing what I finally did this afternoon? I know you like your SM a lot, so I hope it works out for me. The CL is going to be nice with it, considering when I got it on 7/2, the initial CL was $2,500 Smiley Happy

I'll be 55 on 10/17!

Day before.

So you and my sister are the same day, but she was born in 58. Libra power Smiley Happy

LOL, maybe libra power good for getting my scores to your level?

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I'll be 55 on 10/17!

Day before.

You made the right decision but dang you two are old :-)

Message 13 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I'll be 55 on 10/17!

Day before.

uh Huh. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Irish. Imperfect, sure, whatever works although mine are down from a couple of months ago.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry, I closed one month old rewards card in exchange for arrival card 😄
Message 16 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I'll be 55 on 10/17!

Day before.

Hardly, just kids.   I turned 56 last birthday (and in fact I just had to check my age from my DOB!)

But to be OT (you know old minds wander), the Rewards isn't really subsumed by SM, more things like the DC or Fid Amex.   It is a 2% somewhere card, and thus much less useful than a 2% anywhere.  So while I agree the SM is likely more useful, it isn't better everywhere, such as utilities.

Message 17 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I and others suggested the closure. The Rewards card is more of their entry card. So there comes a time when it's time to move it's limit and close it! I love my SM and Ring. I closed Rewards and US Airways and moved their limits to Ring.

Yes, the Rewards card is Barclays entry level card, I got it with a pre-qual invite letter a little over 1 year post BK7 discharge back in 4/2012. But if it's a card that will grow with a credit rebuild who cares???? I had a SL of $1200 and got it up to $5700 by steady use rewarded with auto CLI's. And it's a very decent Rewards card w/2% on gas, groceries & utiltities, and I only charge items that gives me the 2%, and there's no spend cap.

While I plan to app for SM by the end of the year (when I pay down a 0% BT on an NFL card) I'm thinking of it as a supplemental card - with the the $250/mo spend cap for 5% on gas (more then I normall spend) and $250 spend cap on groceries (about what I spend) that's about all I'll use it for (I rarely buy books or shop Amazon), because other than gas & groceries SM will only give me 1% while many other purchases will get me 2% on my Rewards card. My APR on my Rewards is "only" 22.9% but I wouldn't care if it was 32.9%, in over 3 years I've never paid a dime in interest on my Rewards.card, I don't carry a balance on a CC unless it's a 0% intro promo or 0% deferred promo.

@Now my other "entry level" card post BK is one that does not grow with my rebuild - Merrick Bank Visa. No rewards and no auto CLI in ages. It has no AF so I keep it open & active by charging under $20/mo in Netflix & another small monthly bill because the $3100 CL does pad my available credit & utilization, but there will be a point in the not too distant future when I'll shut it down, But not Rewards, it's a keeper for me. But when I pay off my BT on my NFL card I will be closing it, the only decent rewards are for NFL stuff and while I do like football I don't waste my money on over priced NFL junk, I just got it in March for the 15 mo 0% BT so I could pay off a Prosper loan much faster @ 0% then I would @Anonymous%. But before I close it I'll be sure to transfer the $5k CL ovber to Rewards.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.