Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my Cap1 Secured Card after 26 months

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Closed my Cap1 Secured Card after 26 months

I love BOA too. They have been incredible to me. Mine's also started secured and is now one of my highest lines. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@One7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Long overdue I finally called in to cancel my card. It was the first card I was approved for when I started the rebuilding process over two years back in January 2013. I've gone a LOOOONNG way since. I obviously no longer needed the card but I wanted it to report to the bureaus a full 24 months. I have 4 more cards that were rebuilders I'll be doing the same to once they hit 24 months in the future, they have low limits and I no longer need. I wish this card had the ability to unsecure but it doesnt so I had to let it go. It will be missed though. My other two secured cards I began with unsecured and I'm so thankful for, the best by far is BofA, it's setting at a $10k limit now!

what was your starting limit for the boa secured card?  mine was 300 and just went unsecucred to 500.  how did u get it to 10k?

Mine was $300, I got it in February 2013 and it unsecured before the end of the year. I then had it converted to a travel rewards card and asked for a $5000 CLI online and they unbelievably granted it to me. I then asked for the Signature version which they did and then a few months later asked for another CLI, this time $15k and they countered with $10k. BofA is incredible! All in less than 2 years

Edit: You should try for a CLI online, its easy and I bet you will get a big one

mine was just unsecured few months ago, shouldnt i wait for the 6 months mark?

Message 12 of 17
One7
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Long overdue I finally called in to cancel my card. It was the first card I was approved for when I started the rebuilding process over two years back in January 2013. I've gone a LOOOONNG way since. I obviously no longer needed the card but I wanted it to report to the bureaus a full 24 months. I have 4 more cards that were rebuilders I'll be doing the same to once they hit 24 months in the future, they have low limits and I no longer need. I wish this card had the ability to unsecure but it doesnt so I had to let it go. It will be missed though. My other two secured cards I began with unsecured and I'm so thankful for, the best by far is BofA, it's setting at a $10k limit now!

what was your starting limit for the boa secured card?  mine was 300 and just went unsecucred to 500.  how did u get it to 10k?

Mine was $300, I got it in February 2013 and it unsecured before the end of the year. I then had it converted to a travel rewards card and asked for a $5000 CLI online and they unbelievably granted it to me. I then asked for the Signature version which they did and then a few months later asked for another CLI, this time $15k and they countered with $10k. BofA is incredible! All in less than 2 years

Edit: You should try for a CLI online, its easy and I bet you will get a big one

mine was just unsecured few months ago, shouldnt i wait for the 6 months mark?

I asked immediately 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Overall, great decision. You've outgrown the card and you have built an amazing portfolio. So, kudos on that move!
Message 14 of 17
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Overall, great decision. You've outgrown the card and you have built an amazing portfolio. So, kudos on that move!

+1 awsome rebuild....looks seasoned too

Message 15 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. for closing. i just don't have the heart to close it. since cap one has always been good to me. i only have about 200 dollars in it my self. the other 600 is all theirs. so i won't close it. but congrats to you for stepping up and doing it. and in most cases its always our oldest cards. thats why i can't do it.

Message 16 of 17
One7
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Congrats. for closing. i just don't have the heart to close it. since cap one has always been good to me. i only have about 200 dollars in it my self. the other 600 is all theirs. so i won't close it. but congrats to you for stepping up and doing it. and in most cases its always our oldest cards. thats why i can't do it.

I know it was tough, I even held on a couple months longer than I wanted because I didnt want to close it but I have 3 cards from the month after that I'm keeping so I'm going to have to be ok with it... I have two other Cap1 cards so I still show them some love. One of the main reasons I closed it though is because no matter how many times I asked for a CLI on my QS they always denied me saying I couldnt get a CLI on a secured card. Did that to me like 5 times, they somehow tried to make it seem like I asked for on on that card when I doubled checked everytime to make sure I requested one on my QS.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.