Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my Cap1 Secured today

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed my Cap1 Secured today

@doc101 wrote:

If I'm approved for a BoA, i'm closing my account with Cap1 as well. Have had the card for over a year, no late payments and can't even get a CLI.......what's  the use in keeping the card if I can't advance?

Because FICO advancement has nothing to do with CL's other than convenience factor. Smiley Wink

I'll admit I'm doing some silly tricks (5K on a secured card...) to try to goose credit limits later; however, worrying about getting CLI's from lenders who are known to be stingy, isn't a big deal.  Don't get hung up on starter card limits,  you actually want to advance in score which comes from having a couple tradelines and never, ever missing (or being late) on a payment or letting other things slip through the cracks (collections and what not) is how you move towards winning FICO wise.  Eventually your score will open up enough to qualify for cards which do grow in CLI's, but really it's not worth losing sleep over.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.