Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my CapOne QS

tag
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

Closed my CapOne QS

I have had my QS card for over two years and I have not been able to get the limit over 1k. I called and they don't seem to care. I am not one to close accounts but I guess it was time to say goodbye lol.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Re: Closed my CapOne QS

Took me 7 years and an EO contact to get up to $1k.

Sometimes (if you don't mind the triple or quintuple pull) a new card will give you better results with them. But then again, a new card with someone else will too. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

You did contact EO right? 

If so CAP1 Loss

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

If so CAP1 Loss

I did about 7 months ago and it was a struggle to get it  from $500 to 1k, this time I am just not going through it again, I called CS and asked and they turned me down, so that was that. It might also be that I just got a PP MC this week and was approved for 1.5k, I called credit solutions tonight and I asked for 10k and they countered with 5k. I have about the same time of relationship with Capone and GE and the same flawless payment history with both. Cap one helped me when I was rebuilding and I appreciate that, but they have left a lot of money on the table. I tried to use the QS as my everyday card because I like the rewards, but 1k will not cut it for that lol.

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sdwalt wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

If so CAP1 Loss

I did about 7 months ago and it was a struggle to get it  from $500 to 1k, this time I am just not going through it again, I called CS and asked and they turned me down, so that was that. It might also be that I just got a PP MC this week and was approved for 1.5k, I called credit solutions tonight and I asked for 10k and they countered with 5k. I have about the same time of relationship with Capone and GE and the same flawless payment history with both. Cap one helped me when I was rebuilding and I appreciate that, but they have left a lot of money on the table. I tried to use the QS as my everyday card because I like the rewards, but 1k will not cut it for that lol.

RIP 

CAP1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

Especially if they were charging you an AF, then definitely not worth it.

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 7
bobbay
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@sdwalt wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

If so CAP1 Loss

RIP 

CAP1

LOL

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.