Did you mean: 

Closed my Premier CC and they removed all info from CR

tag
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Re: Closed my Premier CC and they removed all info from CR

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are basing that they don't consider it part of your AAoA from CreditKatma, please don't.  CK never considers closed accounts as part of AAoA and you should just ignore thrm because their scoring module means squat.  Closed accounts are considered part of your AAoA for 10 years by the 'real' scoring methods.

Yes, it was a CK update. I will have to check my Experian to verify.

Checked Experian, the account is gone!

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 11 of 19
jim44
Established Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are basing that they don't consider it part of your AAoA from CreditKatma, please don't.  CK never considers closed accounts as part of AAoA and you should just ignore thrm because their scoring module means squat.  Closed accounts are considered part of your AAoA for 10 years by the 'real' scoring methods.

Sounds as if the OP's account was in good standing when it was closed.  I was under the assumption that if a lender can GW delete baddies from a CR, can't they delete a entire account including history from any bureau?  From the OP, as Premier seemed a little miffed because the acct was closed, maybe they just deleted the entire acct along with the history?  Just my guess.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@reneasworld wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm.  Well I would think it would reappear before too long.  Does it dramatically affect your AAoA?

Message 13 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds as if the OP's account was in good standing when it was closed.  I was under the assumption that if a lender can GW delete baddies from a CR, can't they delete a entire account including history from any bureau?  From the OP, as Premier seemed a little miffed because the acct was closed, maybe they just deleted the entire acct along with the history?  Just my guess.

Yes. from http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/closing-credit-card-dings-credit-score-2.aspx

The bureaus will automatically remove (a closed account) in 10 years, but that could be removed sooner if that credit card issuer decides to remove it. Once it's closed and paid off, that account then becomes inactive, and it's not uncommon for the credit card issuer after a few years or even sooner to just delete that completely, just purge it from their records.

Message 14 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jim44 wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. from http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/closing-credit-card-dings-credit-score-2.aspx

The bureaus will automatically remove (a closed account) in 10 years, but that could be removed sooner if that credit card issuer decides to remove it. Once it's closed and paid off, that account then becomes inactive, and it's not uncommon for the credit card issuer after a few years or even sooner to just delete that completely, just purge it from their records.

kinda defeats the purpose of showing good history doesn't it if they really did delete it?  I would think it wouldn't be worth there time to honestly do this out of spite or wahtever you wanna call it...  You can call them and ask for them to re-report it if you would like if it is truely gone...

Message 15 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Didn't see CK mentioned in post, but if it was ya what Irish said...  I am sure it is there or a mistake..  

CK now includes a CR function (showing your TU CR) and that does show closed accounts.   So see if iti is there if you are using CK.

Yes you can see your closed accounts. But it is not vouched in the scoring on ck. I closed a 1 year account. Lost 100 points on ck. from 768. To 668. I said what. But my fico did not change a bit. Real tu fico. 703. 

Message 16 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First.... Don't count what CK says for anything! It's a fake score #1, not fico and it doesn't matter at all! It may be off your ck reports, but I bet it's there on your true credit reports. It will stay for 10 yrs on your reports in good standing and count for your AAOA. Even if for some weird reason they did delete it, no harm done, you've only had the acct open for 7 months, and it's quite possible that since they are a subprime lender, the fact that you had them might deter you from getting a card with a more respectable lender. I've read posts on here that people who had premier and tried to apply for a different card hot declined, but as soon as they closed it, they were approved. Now if you had the card for a few years, then I'd be upset that all the good history was gone, if indeed they removed it from you actual reports,( not ck), but you only have 6 months history on the card.
Message 17 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i know if you closed an account it will be removed from AAoA too.

Hi there.

This is a wide spread misconception. Closing a credit card account will have no immediate impact on your AAoA.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i know if you closed an account it will be removed from AAoA too.

Hi there.

This is a wide spread misconception. Closing a credit card account will have no immediate impact on your AAoA.

Indeed. They can delete information at will however. Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.