Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed one of my Capital One cards today

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Closed one of my Capital One cards today

I had a card that was originally a HSBC card. It went from $300 > $500 > $1k after I reached out to the EO. This card had an AF of $75 which they've been waiving for me. The EO would not permanently remove the fee from this card and I was quite tired of reaching out to them every time AF would popup. The fee would have posted tomorrow so I decided to close this useless sucker out. Now I'm down to just one capital one card which is what I'd prefer anyways.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed one of my Capital One cards today

might as well, especially if you don't use it often.

my brother also has a capital one quicksilverone card which automatically transfered from orchard bank (i think) with 59 bucks annual fee. they won't even lower the annual fee to 39 bucks which is regular quicksilverone fee, they won't even let him pc it to another non-af card, he wants to close it, but it's his oldest credit card.

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Closed one of my Capital One cards today

@Anonymous wrote:

might as well, especially if you don't use it often.

my brother also has a capital one quicksilverone card which automatically transfered from orchard bank (i think) with 59 bucks annual fee. they won't even lower the annual fee to 39 bucks which is regular quicksilverone fee, they won't even let him pc it to another non-af card, he wants to close it, but it's his oldest credit card.

IMO, he should close it anyway.  Unless he is going for a mortage, and any score impact would push from one range to another, probably not worth paying $59 year after year.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.