Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing 3 CC and affect on Scores

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing 3 CC and affect on Scores

I think i will end up closing them even closed i still have over $14,000 in avail credit

Message 11 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@joeblow2 wrote:

I think i will end up closing them even closed i still have over $14,000 in avail credit

IMO, saving money and keeping your sanity are more important than FICO scores.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

As a follow-=up question. If i open a new card or 3 eventually to replace these i know i get  a hit on my scoeres for the INQ but what is the hit and revovery time for adding a new CC to your mix ? my AAoA is 5 yrs

Message 13 of 18
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Also would it be better (if adding 3 new CC) to add 1 at a time (if so over what time periods for min damage to scores) or 3 at once? 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

joe,

Check the impact each new account will have on your AAofA before you decide when and how many new accounts to open. 

Message 15 of 18
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

If you have an Orcahrd card and also a regular HSBC Platinum card they WILL combine the two credit lines into one. Just ask for a manager when if they tell you no. They will then send you a letter in the mail and you list the card info and send it abck and theyll merge the two accoutns. However, it should be noted I did this early last year so thing may be different now.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 16 of 18
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

I have an orchard bank and Household Bank card

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had both an Orchard & HSBC and I closed the Orchard

and kept the HSBC.  In retrospect I should have kept the Orchard.

At least they gave clis.  I have had nothing from HSBC in years and

the interest is a killer.  I don't use them much.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.