Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Capital One secured

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Closing Capital One secured

Today I called Capital One to close my secured card and they told me it can't be closed?. I paid it off and owe 0.00 and have nothing pending? It's the only secured card I have left now and it's useless to me. The CSR told me flat out no, it can't be closed because our terms and conditions?. Then I proceeded to tell him give me a manager and he said my accounts being restricted and I can't close it. Then he put me on hold for 30 minutes and the call hung up.. I didn't end it so I'm guessing they did?.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Capital One secured

That's strange, I closed mine the other day.. No problem at all.

but,It does currently show as restricted on my accounts page

Message 2 of 9
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Call back and speak to someone else, I just closed mine last month and had no trouble doing so.
Message 3 of 9
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

Close your account online at their website....

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 4 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I tried online after the call it says I need to speak to a rep, I tired again and was told that they can't. I'm thinking of contacting the EO? The only reason I'm closing it is because I want better cards with Capital One... This is really making me think otherwise.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I tried online after the call it says I need to speak to a rep, I tired again and was told that they can't. I'm thinking of contacting the EO? The only reason I'm closing it is because I want better cards with Capital One... This is really making me think otherwise.

Is it possible verification is needed on your account, or that they have some type of a fraud alert?

Message 6 of 9
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

Is it possible verification is needed on your account, or that they have some type of a fraud alert?

When closing secured cards I thought you had to do it via call because it's a secured card and they have your deposit, I had to call in mine as well, online said they could not be done online.

Message 7 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

On Saturday I contacted them and spoke to a manager and she said that there would be no issue, to call back on Monday when the payment was cleared.. This is strange.
Message 8 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Got a call from a supervisor today saying sorry that the information their associate gave me yesterday was wrong. He closed it for me very quickly and told me my deposit should be in my hands in 5-10 business days! Also I asked him if he could report the 0 balance to the CRAs and he said yeah he said he put a note on it and i should see a change in 2-4 days, also told me I can call back anytime and make sure that it was reported if I don't see it in 2-4 days! Just waiting for that to report to apply for a QS
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.