Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

Closing Cards Monday

Open Skyy wants me to pay a $74 annual fee in January.  I said "no thank you, I'll close the card." They came back with an offer of $29.  I'll leave it open until December.

I actually did close my Capital One MC as they made no attempt to keep me.  Now that I'm in Prime land I don't need them anymore anyway (not to say that they didn't help me get here!) 

Not worried about AAOC for a few reasons... First because I have everything that I need in terms of credit and property.  Second because the lovely people at Amex treated me so well and backdated my cards to my original date that I opened my first green back in 1994.  Life is good!

I don't like having many cards open... Trying to enjoy the simple life!

Happy Monday!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Frequent Contributor
mnavas

Re: Closing Cards Monday

Since you're in the "prime land" I think you made a good decision by closing those cards cuz you basically don't need them anymore... Good for you!!!! Happy monday for you too :smileywink:
Regular Contributor
goosedog

You are a role model for us :smileyhappy:

Jk. Good job getting to where you don't need other cards to rely on. I am hoping one day I can hit the 800 club and get to where i don't have to worry about another 28% car loan like the one I am in. Bad credit will do that to you.

Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

Thanks mnavas!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

Tell me about it!  Before I refied my car last month I was at 12%.  I was able to get it down to 1.99% with my credit union!  I am a happy camper! 

Valued Contributor
asphaltcowboy

Congrats on your decision and on your new home,

best of luck to you!!:smileyhappy:

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 694 EQ 692 EX 696 Last Update 8/2013
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)

Established Contributor
JonStur

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
09Lexie

Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

JonStur wrote:

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

I called the CS line and was told to destroy my card immediatelty!  They didn't even let me get cold!  Ha ha ha!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+