Regular Contributor

Closing Cards Monday

Open Skyy wants me to pay a $74 annual fee in January.  I said "no thank you, I'll close the card." They came back with an offer of $29.  I'll leave it open until December.

I actually did close my Capital One MC as they made no attempt to keep me.  Now that I'm in Prime land I don't need them anymore anyway (not to say that they didn't help me get here!) 

Not worried about AAOC for a few reasons... First because I have everything that I need in terms of credit and property.  Second because the lovely people at Amex treated me so well and backdated my cards to my original date that I opened my first green back in 1994.  Life is good!

I don't like having many cards open... Trying to enjoy the simple life!

Happy Monday!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Cards Monday

Since you're in the "prime land" I think you made a good decision by closing those cards cuz you basically don't need them anymore... Good for you!!!! Happy monday for you too :smileywink:
Regular Contributor

You are a role model for us :smileyhappy:

Jk. Good job getting to where you don't need other cards to rely on. I am hoping one day I can hit the 800 club and get to where i don't have to worry about another 28% car loan like the one I am in. Bad credit will do that to you.

Regular Contributor

Thanks mnavas!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Regular Contributor

Tell me about it!  Before I refied my car last month I was at 12%.  I was able to get it down to 1.99% with my credit union!  I am a happy camper! 

Valued Contributor

Congrats on your decision and on your new home,

best of luck to you!!:smileyhappy:

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 752 EQ 749 EX 757 Last Update 3/2015
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)

Established Contributor

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

Regular Contributor

JonStur wrote:

Good for you... BTW did you try emailing Cap One or was that through cs.....

I called the CS line and was told to destroy my card immediatelty!  They didn't even let me get cold!  Ha ha ha!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.