Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Cards Pre-Activation

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing Cards Pre-Activation

@dpechal wrote:

Have you ever closed at pre-activation?  Pro's and Con's of doing so?

I haven't but I generally don't apply for what I don't want.  AAoA, as stated above, is a con.

Message 11 of 12
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Re: Closing Cards Pre-Activation

@missjae wrote:
I closed a Credit One card pre-activation cause I realized it wasn't worth it. There was nothing on my CR and I didn't have any problems. This was before I began using these forums. After reading all the stories, I am glad I did!

I also closed a Credit One card pre-activation for the reasons listed above (I went on an app spree and after getting approved by them, I applied for several other prime cards and was approved). 

Although the account was not activated (I cancelled the same day that I received the card) it did appear on my credit reports approximately 2 weeks later with a balance of $81 (the AF plus+?).

I called to confirm that the account was closed (it was) and informed them that it appeared on my credit reports with a balance. I was told that they would update their reporting. I then disputed the account with the 3 CRAs as inaccurate reporting (at the most, there should be a balance of $0) and the account was deleted by EX and I am still waiting on EQ & TU to either update to $0 or delete. 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.