Did you mean: 

Closing Cards????

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Closing Cards????

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Don't be sorry. It is a common question on here, but I think a lot of questions on here are common. Calling it trite is kind of silly, most of the questions here are repeats in some shape or form.

It's the whole point of a discussion forum to discuss things. If you don't feel like discussing the topic because it has been addressed before, then don't respond. Simple as that. Don't feel bad about asking a question OP.

No no no OP, don't misunderstand me. The question is not trite; you did nothing wrong by asking the question.. The debate is trite; I said so in my original post. And kdm, calling the debate trite is absolutely not silly. This question gets asked every week and the same people (not going to name names) say the same things over and over again. The debate never becomes heated, it just becomes pointless since no one's mind is really going to be changed about this. That's the definition of silly. 

I sort of agree with this sadly, as being one of those responsible!    The question seems to generate strong opinions (missing in this thread) quite out of proportion to the issue, because, as stated, I don't think you will go really wrong either keeping all your cards, or closing the useless ones, it really won't make a huge difference.   But, of course, close them anyway!

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I will agree in that it tends to be standard responses, but, again, I think many questions on here are recycled over and over...just ignore it if you are bored with it IMO. Smiley Happy

I will never ignore questions. I regularly ignore recycled responses meant to stir up trite debates. Lol.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I think I'm going to give Walmart and Amazon the heave-ho after six months if nothing significant happens on either.  I'm quite happy with Chase, and Care Credit I actually find very useful.  The other two are below $1000 and would get axed eventually.  Focus more on cards that are worthy of applying for with plenty of rewards, or at least have some form of usefulness for you (like CareCredit does for me with no interest on medical expenses).

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.