Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Chase Marriott card Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Chase Marriott card Question?

If I close my chase marriott card will chase allow me to move my available credit over to my freedom card? Also Will my Marriott points be affected? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Re: Closing Chase Marriott card Question?

I don't think you can reallocate from a cobranded card.  You definitely can't move rewards from a cobranded card.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving your limit is totally at the reps discretion AFAIK but it's possible. I did that with another co-branded card and my freedom.
I think your marriott points should remain because you can access them with the Marriott app and it goes to that AFAIK but I am not certain on that so let someone else give you better info.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirchBarlow wrote:

I don't think you can reallocate from a cobranded card.  You definitely can't move rewards from a cobranded card.

Yes, you can reallocate with cobranded cards... I recently moved 1.5k from my Amazon Visa to my SW Visa

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirchBarlow wrote:

Yes you can reallocate, cobranded has nothing to do with. It is not based on rep discretion either. The computer tells them what they can move. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirchBarlow wrote:

Rewards with Marriott and this card are separate from Chase.  Yes, Chase deposits points based on your spend but your accounting of those points and any transactions you do with them are done from the Marriott side.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.