Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Chase Slate

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing Chase Slate

Perhaps, if you PC it and then use it a lot and pif for a few months, you'll get an auto cli!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Maybe just close it and app for the Freedom.
Id take the HP for a cli.

It's not just the HP but AAoA as well.  I'd also suggest a PC.

Message 12 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Since niether have annual fees, you may be able to change it to the Freedom now. I know that different factors go into things when getting a limit, but I wonder why would they even bother approving the Slate for such a low limit? Who has $400 they need to pay off by using a balance transfer? They should at least require a 5000 limit for the card to be approved.

Message 13 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@navigatethis- they really should.
I remember when I had a $400 Slate.
Wth was Chase thinking? Lol really? Lmao.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 16
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Ok, here's the skinny.  I spoke with CS who informed me that I could not PC due to the 0% promotion.  After speaking with with her supervisor, he confirmed what she said.  Due to the promotion, which won't expired until Jan 9th, he can't PC the card.  However, Once the promotion expires, I can PC to Freedom with a higher CL.  So, I will put this project on hold until Jan.  Thanks all!!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 15 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'll have to do this in the future once my promo is up so I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. The downside of PC-ing is you lose any signup bonuses. The upside is it won't affect your AAoA. Decisions, decisions...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.