Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Chase and Amex cards with AU's

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Closing Chase and Amex cards with AU's

so i'm consolidating some cards in 16' and have my GF and GF's daughter on 2 Chase cards and GF on an AMEX.   If I close the cards without removing them as AU's will they be positive, closed trade lines on their reports?  or will the TL's disappear?  and Happy Holidays everyone.   I'm partying for the lot.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Chase and Amex cards with AU's

@elim wrote:

so i'm consolidating some cards in 16' and have my GF and GF's daughter on 2 Chase cards and GF on an AMEX.   If I close the cards without removing them as AU's will they be positive, closed trade lines on their reports?  or will the TL's disappear?  and Happy Holidays everyone.   I'm partying for the lot.  Smiley Tongue

TL will remain like yours will, for 10 years, unless they dispute. (technically speaking; -- i heard sometimes they are removed earlier)

Edit: wanted to get back to you on the status of me removing myself from my dad's amex, which i did a month ago, but it looks like it's still open in my CK report! Going to have a chat with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.