Det-G

Closing Credit Card

I have 3 CC with $300 cl on 2 and $250 on another. The card with the $250 cl I only had for about 6 months. I want to know if its wise to close the account that I had for the least time for a secure card with 1000-1500 cl.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Closing Credit Card

Is it possible to keep all of your cards open and apply for the secured CC too? Are you paying any fees to keep it open?
Frequent Contributor
moondog7324

If you plan on getting the secured card with the $1000- $1500 Credit limit- I siggest you get the card first, then make a decision. Things to consider:

1. Are you paying fees- if yes, I would weed them out after you get the secured card

2. Having cards with low credit Limits wreks havoc on Utilization

3. You may see a decrease in FICO scores because you are closing older cards- personally I think it is worth it in the long run, if they are fee cards.

4. Think long term- I think after a good year with that secured card, you may start seeing offers in the 1,000 + range

Det-G

All three card are charging me fees. Are you saying close all three cards after geting the secure card and about how much will my credit drop if I close the 1 or 3 cards.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}